These settings only apply to email addresses hosted by Ashland Home Net. If you use a web-based mail service (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.) you will need to obtain the proper settings from them.
- In Outlook, click Tools
- then Account Settings
- Check the "Manually configure server settings"
- Click Next
- Select "Internet E-mail"
- Click Next
- Enter your name and email address in the upper left boxes.
- The user name is your email address.
- The password is the password you gave us when we created the account.
Note * If you can't remember your password give us a call or email us and we will help you reset the password.
- Do NOT check the box that says "Log on using Secure Password Authentication(SPA)".
- Fill in the information for your incoming server.
The server is going to be your last part of your email address (called the domain) but instead of you email@example.com or .com it will be mail.domain.net or .com See the list below for some examples
Note* For @opendoor.com, and custom domains previously hosted by Open Door Networks, the incoming server is mailx.opendoor.com.
|Email Address ends with
||Your incoming Server
- Fill in the information for your outgoing server address.
The server is going to be your last part of your email address (called the domain) but instead of you firstname.lastname@example.org or .com it will be mail.domain.net or .com See the list above for some examples
Note* For @opendoor.com, and custom domains previously hosted by Open Door Networks, the outgoing server is mailx.opendoor.com.
- Click More Settings.
- Click Outgoing Server.
- Check the box that says "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication".
- Click OK.
- After you hit ok you will be at the screen from step 5 just click next
- and then Finish.