Windows Live Mail 2012
These settings only apply to email addresses hosted by Ashland Home Net. If you use a web-based mail service (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.) you will need to obtain the proper settings from them.
- In Windows Live mail click Accounts
- Then click the icon labeled Email
- Fill in the boxes with your email address and name.
- The password is the password you gave us when we created the account.
- Make sure the Remember this password is checked
- Manually configure server settings is checked
- Click Next
Note * If you can't remember your password give us a call or email us and we will help you reset the password.
- The server type will be IMAP.
- Fill in the information for your incoming server address.
The server is going to be your last part of your email address (called the domain) but instead of you email@example.com or .com it will be mail.domain.net or .com See the list below for some examples
Note* For @opendoor.com, and custom domains previously hosted by Open Door Networks, the incoming server is mailx.opendoor.com.
|Email Address ends with
||Your incoming Server
- For Authentication select clear test
- The Logon user name is your email address.
- Fill in the information for your outgoing server address.
The server is going to be your last part of your email address (called the domain) but instead of you firstname.lastname@example.org or .com it will be mail.domain.net or .com See the list above for some examples
Note* For @opendoor.com, and custom domains previously hosted by Open Door Networks, the outgoing server is mailx.opendoor.com.
- Make sure Requires authentication is checked.
- Click Next
- Click Finish
- Your account is now setup.