A recent Apple update released 11.06.2018 is modifying existing Mac Mail account settings by removing the domain from the username resulting in a failure to authenticate with Ashland Home Net mail services due to an incorrect username. This issue affects any domain for Mac Mail users that are on a recent version of MacOS X with automatic updates or who have manually installed the most recent update dated 11.06.2018. Any email clients other than Mac Mail on MacOS X should be entirely unaffected.
To resolve this issue simply append the @ and the appropriate domain to the username for both the Incoming and Outgoing settings in Mac Mail (your username should be your FULL email address, i.e. "email@example.com" or "firstname.lastname@example.org", for example, not just "myname").
- In MAIL, click the menu at the top and select PREFERENCES.
- Click the ACCOUNTS button and select your Ashland Home Net email account in the left-hand pane.
- Click on the SERVER SETTINGS tab. You should see something like below:
- Change the USER NAME field for BOTH Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server to your FULL email address (i.e., email@example.com).
- Click on the [SAVE] button to commit your changes.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for any additional Ashland Home Net email accounts.
If updating your username to your full email address does not resolve your issue please contact us at 541-488-9207 for Technical Support.