Acceptable Use Policy
Ashland Fiber Network's (AFN) Acceptable Use Policy (the "Policy") for AFN's DATA or Internet Products and Services is designed to help protect AFN, AFN's customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by AFN. AFN reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time.
PROHIBITED USES OF AFN'S SYSTEMS, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
- Sending unsolicited mail messages, including the sending of "junk mail" or other advertising material to individuals who did not specifically request such material (e.g., "e-mail spam"). This includes, but is not limited to, bulk-mailing of commercial advertising, informational announcements, and political tracts. It also includes posting the same or similar message to one or more newsgroups (excessive cross-posting or multiple-posting). AFN accounts or services may not be used to collect replies to messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
- Unauthorized use, or forging, of mail header information (e.g., "spoofing").
- Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., "cracking").
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any AFN customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Knowingly engage in any activities that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any AFN customers or end-users whether on the AFN network or on another provider's network.
- Using AFN's Products and Services to interfere with the use of the AFN network by other customers or authorized users.
Each AFN IP customer is responsible for the activities of its customer base/representatives or end-users and, by accepting service from AFN, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of a AFN IP customer will be forwarded to the AFN IP customer's postmaster for action. If violations of the AFN Acceptable Use Policy occur, AFN IP customer's Products and Services reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating AFN's AUP as AFN deems appropriate, without notice.
Terms of Service
To ensure that all AFN Network users experience reliable service, AFN requires users to adhere to the following terms and conditions. If you have any questions or concerns regarding AFN service, call the appropriate contact listed on your monthly billing statement. AFN DATA customers can contact 552-2222 and AFN Internet (Cable Modem) customers need to contact their respective Internet Service Provider.
AFN Data Services
- No reselling of bandwidth services.
- Bandwidth use will be monitored at the AFN Headend.
AFN Internet Business Services
- No reselling of bandwidth services.Web hosting limited to single business site to service the business with the connection.
- Bandwidth use will be monitored at the AFN HFC Headend.
Should a Business Cable Modem Service site exceed the maximum sustained downstream bandwidth of 256Kbps or maximum sustained upstream bandwidth of 128Kbps  they will receive a notification requiring their service level to be upgraded to the AFN DATA service to match the needs of the business usage.
AFN Internet Residential Services
- Dynamically Assigned IP Address
- Use of fixed addresses will be considered a theft of service and service will be disconnected. Use of a device to clone a MAC address will also be considered a theft of service and will be disconnected.
- No commercial activity of any kind.
- Individual or family personal web serving only.
- No email servers, reflectors or streaming media servers.
The Ashland Fiber Network will maintain the integrity and use of its bandwidth and therefore strictly prohibits the reselling of bandwidth by any of its users as listed above.
Use of Point to Point (P2P) applications may be restricted or prohibited if such use is a detriment to the operation of the AFN Network.
Users must conform to our Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), Federal Communications Commission rules and laws, and in the event AFN determines that any of our users are acting in violation of our AUP, FCC regulations or State or Local law, we will terminate the service immediately.
Your cooperation ensures that AFN users of all levels of service will experience reliable high-speed Internet service.
 Measured by averaging usage in 5-minute increments, where use is above the set rate for more than 20% in any single billing cycle.