Mac Mail on OS X 10.14
These settings only apply to email addresses hosted by Ashland Home Net. If you use a web-based mail service (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.) you will need to obtain the proper settings from them.
These screenshots are from Mac Mail on MacOS 10.14 Mojave.
If you are using a previous version, it should be similar, but some screens might not look exactly the same.
- In Mail, click the Mail menu at the top, and select Preferences.
- Click Accounts then Click the + in the lower-left corner.
- Click "Add Other Mail Account..."
- Click Continue
- Fill in the boxes with your name and email address.
- The password is the password you gave us when we created the account.
- Click Create
- This next screen it will let you know that the account needs to be setup manually.
- Click Next
Verify that the email account is setup correctly and set to not automatically manage email settings in the server settings tab.