To get Ashland Home Net AFN Internet Service, all that's required of you is a desire to experience the Internet the way it is meant to be. As far as your computer goes, here are some minimum requirements:
- Windows 2000: Pentium 133 or higher, 64 MB RAM, 100 MB free hard drive space.
- Windows XP: Pentium 233 or higher, 128 MB of RAM, 100 MB free hard drive space
- Windows Vista : Minimum Vista requirements
- Windows 7: Minimum Windows 7 requirements
- Windows 8: Minimum Windows 8 requirements
- Windows 10: Minimum Windows 10 requirements
- MAC OSX 10.1 or higher: Power Mac G3 or G4, 128 MB of RAM, 100 MB of free hard disk space
AFN Approved Cable Modems
AFN tests all modems proposed for use on it's network so that we may provide the highest level of support. We require a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem to connect to AFN. We recommend the following cable modems:
- SMC D3CM1604, D3CM1604V, or D3G1604W (all support 16 channel bonding)
- Motorola SB6xxx or SBG6xxx. The SB6183 and SB6190 support 16 channel bonding
- Arris CM820
At this time we do not support DOCSIS 3.1 cable modems.
Last Updated 12/10/2020
If you have questions about this list or would like to have AFN evaluate other modems for use on our network please contact us, however please be aware that it takes us a minimum of a month to evaluate a new modem.
To learn more about purchasing an AFN-approved cable modem and ethernet device, review our Modem Lease and Purchase information.
Ethernet card with RJ45 connector.